As a practicing and passionate Urban Farmer in this day and age, the possibilities are endless.
- Hone your skills and DO WHAT YOU LOVE
- Start small and build your way up… at your own pace.
- Grow what you love and what you know others love.
- Explore planting and growing new things.
- Be your own boss as you start your own community garden, and earn income right from your own soil.
- Sell your products at Farmer’s Markets or to local stores.
- TEACH OTHERS how to become Urban Farmers as well!
- Combine this knowledge with Life Coaching, plus your choice of Holistic Nutrition, Spiritual Studies, Hypnotherapy, and more, through SWIHA’s amazing Mind-Body Wellness Diploma On Campus or Online.
The Council on Agriculture, Science and Technology, (CAST) is an international consortium of scientific and professional societies that compiles and communicates credible science-based information to policy makers, media, private sector, and the public. CAST defines urban agriculture to include aspects of environmental health, remediation, and recreation:
Urban agriculture is a complex system encompassing a spectrum of interests, from a traditional core of activities associated with the production, processing, marketing, distribution, and consumption, to a multiplicity of other benefits and services that are less widely acknowledged and documented. These include recreation and leisure; economic vitality and business entrepreneurship, individual health and well-being; community health and well being; landscape beautification; and environmental restoration and remediation.