Ten Reasons to Become a Certified Urban Farmer at Southwest Institute of Healing Arts
- Our program was built to spread the word about green living and sustainability, not only in Arizona, but around the world. If you are ready embrace your own greenness and become conscious of how you currently affect planet Earth, you too can choose to have a beautiful impact on your community, environment, and Mother Nature. As you learn to grow your own food and up-level your nutrition choices, you can empower family, friends and neighbors to jump on the green living bandwagon as well.
- We have an Urban Garden right here on-campus – in the growing process… If you are taking the program online, enjoy growing your own garden right from the comfort of your own home.
- Our spirit-directed college community is welcoming and state-of-the-art.
- If you miss a class we offer you several alternative times in which you can get the material.
- You may audit any of our classes at no additional charge.
- You will be trained by our professional and experienced urban farming instructors who can offer first-hand support and guidance.
- “Our Success Center” is your ongoing success outlet, where you will receive ongoing career and/or entrepreneurial coaching and support.
- Both online and classroom courses are available to fit any busy lifestyle. Our instructors are available for support and one-on-one guidance throughout the 100-Hour Course.
- We are open to exploring financial flexibility, so you may do your dream! Financial aid is available to those who qualify, for 600 hours of class or more. It does not apply to 100-hour certificates such as this.
- We are both State Recognized and Nationally Accredited by the ACCET (Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training). We were recently given the award of Best School of the Year by the Arizona Private School Association, in addition to individual awards for Best Student Placement Practice, Best Student Organization and Best Educational Practices.
Your Success Is Our Success!
Our mission is to inspire individuals to discover their gifts and graces, and support them as they share their talents in a loving and profitable way. SWIHA embraces individual, community and global healing, and teaches how to ‘Touch Lives, Heal Bodies & Free Souls.’