Life is energy. It is meant to flow through us, each time leaving us broader, richer and evolving us for having known it. When we experience more intensity than we can handle, we shut this process down and create blocks in the body. The Amrit Method of Yoga Body Psychology is designed to not only treat visible physical symptoms, but is aimed at addressing the invisible mental and emotional blocks that contribute to them. Using gravity supported, static poses held by the facilitator, or with the use of the wall or props, you will learn how to surface and release blockages held in body zones such as legs, buttocks, hamstrings, heart and shoulders. This rejuvenating and releasing experience enhances your understanding of the energetic aspects of yoga and how to use it for yourself and others as one of the most profound healing modalities you will ever encounter.
- Explore the anatomy of energy and how it becomes blocked
- Use a variety of prop and partner assisted yoga postures to intensify energy flow and encounter energetic holding patterns
- Learn about the chakras as a map to our personal evolution and how yoga therapy poses can be used to open stagnant energies
- Discover how to healthfully integrate and release emotions for yourself and others
- Use various experiences to connect with and learn to listen to the energy of the body and what it is saying to you
- Learn how to lead a therapeutic yoga class with partner and prop supported assists
Yoga Body Psychology creates:
- The opportunity to re-program mental and emotional patterns that produce dis-ease
- Improved posture and range of motion*
- Reduction of chronic pain and tension*
- Long term restoration of body function after injury or surgery*
- Increased energy, Mental clarity, emotional balance and assistance to transform unhealthy thinking patterns*
NOTE: Certificates of Excellence are areas of concentration designed to take as CEU’s or to be taken within a diploma or degree program; they will not prepare you for gainful employment if taken independently. Only vocational programs of 600 hours or more are eligible for Federal Financial Aid.
Rhonda Vroman – C-IAYT, RYT-500, MBA
Rhonda’s experiences of connecting with peaceful presence allowed her to show up more easefully during the latter part of a 25-year career leading teams in high pressure corporate settings. Her ongoing exploration of the energetic aspects of yoga on and off the mat drew her to the lineage of Swami Kripalu and the teachings of Amrit and Kamini Desai over a decade ago and she continues to study and immerse in these teachings. She is passionate about introducing this practice to support the healing journey and guide students to offer the modality.
Certified as a Yoga Therapist (C-IAYT), E-RYT 500 and Integral Breath Therapy, her training also includes Engineering and MBA degrees, Spiritual Direction and practices inviting body/mind/heart/soul connection.Her passion is helping clients and students access inner knowing where wisdom is revealed; namely, rediscovering connection to Source. In this place we find the answers we seek externally are already within. She is honored to be offering the I AM Yoga Therapy™/ Yoga Body Psychology at SWIHA.
Get a Guest Pass & Tour SWIHA!
We have so much to offer:
-Complimentary 4-hour Guest Passes to any class of 8 hours or more.
-Access our online Class Calendar to view upcoming classes
-Join one of our events, webinar or open house.
To schedule a tour with one of our Admissions coaches email us at firstname.lastname@example.org