You are ready to grow and to fulfill your life purpose—two essential traits/desires that can help you succeed as a Life Coach. At Southwest Institute of Healing Arts, we help you take the next step. We provide the powerful tools, insight and education you will need to help others clarify their vision of how they would like their life to be and help them make it a reality. We also provide the strategies needed to help you fully realize your passion, while you continue to evolve in mind, body and spirit.
Most of us will reach certain points in our lives where we feel “stuck.” Few of us have the insight, training or objective skills needed to move forward on our own. That’s where SWIHA’s Life Coaching program makes a difference. Based on 12 Guiding Principles of Transformation, our comprehensive 100-hour Certificate of Excellence* in Life Coaching provides the skills, tools and training needed to help people overcome obstacles and the “stickiness” of some of life’s experiences and circumstances.
Our program provides the education and training you need to help your clients find their purpose or passion, expand their awareness, improve their performance, overcome obstacles, and, ultimately, enhance their quality of life.
Life Coaching: Honoring the Individual
People seek support from Life Coaches to help with relationships, careers, business goals, communication, motivation, health and even spiritual grounding. Research clearly shows that feeling understood, supported and directed improves and stabilizes our sense of personal and social well-being.
Life Coaches hold sacred space while forming confidential relationships that provide opportunities to expand awareness, gain insight, overcome obstacles, enhance the quality of life and improve personal and social skills. As a Life Coach, you help clients explore and find their own unique answers, support goal-setting and personal growth, and guide the behavior modification needed to succeed.
An important aspect of supporting others is discovering what keeps people from achieving their goals. Life Coaches help identify, assist and encourage clients with any number or variety of challenges or goals. Once these challenges are addressed and goals are identified, it becomes easier to move forward. As you train to become a Life Coach, you will learn the right questions to ask and how to listen actively so that you can give provide open and productive feedback.
Unleashing Human Potential: Everyone Benefits
Life Coaches amplify greatness in their clients, unleashing the human potential that allows them to grow and reach their goals.
The potential benefits of Life Coaching are numerous and highly individual. Some of the common transformations clients seek include:
- Self-confidence and self-esteem improvements
- An outside perspective to envision options regardless of circumstances
- Emotional healing; help overcoming obstacles, fears, and insecurities
- Business or personal goals identification and clarity
- Release old feelings and find forgiveness
- Improve confidence and relationships with loved ones and co-workers
- Get motivated, establish a clear action plan and be held accountable
- Create and maintain healthy boundaries
- Work through major life transitions
- Develop and implement organizational skills
- Develop a weight loss plan and get support for it
- Stop overspending and get out of debt
- Help with a plan to reach goals faster
- Develop leadership and public speaking skills
Much like a sports performance trainer, Life Coaches help bring out the best in people, nurturing the ability to focus with greater awareness and perform at their highest levels professionally, personally and/or financially.
As a Life Coach, you will also benefit from training and practice. Here are some of the ways Life Coaching can unleash your own potential:
- Fulfill your life purpose while helping other people discover theirs’
- Encourage others without passing judgment
- Experience grounding in the present while expanding in the possibilities
- Grow professionally
- Empower your own financial insight and security
- Enjoy a deeper sense of personal satisfaction and happiness
- Improved personal skills and behavior
- Better work-life balance
- Increased confidence
- Enhanced self-awareness
Our 100-Hour Life Coaching Certificate of Excellence*
Life Coaching – Foundation – 20 Hours
Life Coaching is an ongoing partnership that helps people produce fulfilling results in their personal, professional, and spiritual lives. Through the process of coaching, individuals have the opportunity to deepen their learning, improve their performance, and enhance their quality of life. This foundation course introduces the common philosophies and objectives of life coaching. This highly experiential foundation class details multiple assessment tools tailored to the individual’s needs.
Life Coaching Core – Strategies, Techniques & Implementation – 80 Hours
In this course, you are taught to use interactive processes, and how to develop individual strategies and solutions to help move someone toward the rapid attainment of their goals. You will develop the ability to establish Coaching agreements and define the nature, limitations, and boundaries of your coaching relationships.
Successful mastering of Coaching Core Competencies must be completed, in addition to classroom time and ten required one-on-one sessions completed outside of class time. Life Coaching is an ongoing partnership that helps people produce fulfilling results in their personal, professional and spiritual lives. Through the process of coaching, individuals have the opportunity to deepen their learning, improve their performance, and enhance their quality of life. This foundation course introduces the common philosophies and objectives of life coaching. This highly experiential foundation class details multiple assessment tools tailored to the individual’s needs.
Life Coaching Online
Our entire 100-hour Life Coaching Certificate of Excellence is also available online. Life Coaching is the perfect holistic approach to personal transformation to both learn and practice online. With today’s technology, the classroom can easily be brought to your living room. Featuring dedicated instructor guidance, instructional videos, and online discussion forums, these amazing classes can now be taken from anywhere in the world.
Still wondering if you would make a great Life Coach?
- Do you like people?
- Are you a good listener?
- Do you experience a sense of reward, pride and pleasure encouraging others and being a part of their success?
- Are you committed to serving others while empowering them?
- Do you believe you can make a positive difference in people’s lives?
- Are you interested in putting forth the effort and dedication it takes to become a really great life coach?
If you answered “Yes” to all, or most of these questions, you have what it takes to train to be a really great transformational life coach.