Certificate of Excellence in Cranial Unwinding
Southwest Institute of Healing Arts offers a comprehensive 200-hour Cranial Unwinding program that is based on the research of the brain, spine, dural tube, and cerebrospinal fluid (CSF). The dural tube is a membrane that surrounds the spinal cord; the space between it and the spine, as well as around the brain, is filled with CSF. There is a rhythmic pulsation that keeps the tube and fluid in motion. Holistic practitioners can feel this rhythm, and with very gentle touch of about five grams, can manipulate the ebb and flow which promotes healing on multiple levels, especially through the use of the nervous system.
At the center of this kind of energy work is the motivation to restore balance in the energy field within the neck, spine, and pelvis. By moving the energy, you can removed blockages and restore flow.
Cranial Unwinding Classes
Students in the Cranial Unwinding Certificate of Excellence program study introductory and advanced classes, including Cranial Anatomy, Listening Skills, Polarity Therapy, Communications, Resonance and Relations, and more. For a complete list of classes, click on “Program Courses” above or click below.
The Aspects of Cranial Unwinding
There are several pieces to this extraordinary modality that defines cranial unwinding, as known as craniosacral.
- Cranial rhythm- the movement of the spinal fluid
- Cranial movement- “cranial osteopathy”, the bones and sutures of the skull move
- Fascial unwinding- releasing of tension from the tissues
- Dural tube- releases restrictions in the spine and nervous system, allowing for healing to occur
- Somato-emotional release- unlocking stored “energy cysts” that hold physical or emotional traumas
Benefits of Cranial Unwinding
- Promote relaxation and ease tension
- Ease or reduce chronic pain
- Open energy paths in the body
- Restore balance and equilibrium
- Revitalize weakened energy
- Encourage healing and renewal
- Releases trauma from the tissues
- Helps you sleep more soundly
Our Certificate of Excellence programs are avocational, and these courses/programs are designed exclusively for personal or professional development and enhancement if taken independently of a Diploma or Degree program.
Explore Cranial Unwinding
We would love for you to experience Cranial Unwinding first-hand, in one of our classes! We offer complimentary 4-hour Guest Passes to any class of 8 hours or more. The guest passes can be obtained through Student Services at 480-994-9244. To speak with an Admissions Coach go to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit our Student Massage Clinic or our Specialty Clinics.