Are you passionate about the healing power of nutrition and creating a healthier lifestyle for yourself and those around you? Wellness experts spanning centuries and cultures have acknowledged the healing power of food. Today, we have the science-based evidence showing us that nutrition plays a vital role in the prevention of illness and overall mind-body-spirit health, leading to an increased demand for knowledgeable Holistic Nutrition practitioners.
Holistic Nutrition Specialist
Online & On-Campus – Certificate of Excellence – 200 hours – Tuition
SWIHA’s Holistic Nutrition program is an excellent choice for anyone interested in turning their passion into a meaningful and successful business. This 200-hour certificate will deepen your understanding of whole food nutrition and how it contributes to optimal health. You’ll learn about the inflammatory effects of the Standard American Diet (S.A.D) and why S.O.U.L nutrition (Seasonal, Organic, Unprocessed and Local whole foods) provide a better, more life-sustaining foundation for healthy living.
You’ll begin in our Holistic Nutrition Foundation sequence of courses, where you will:
- Examine the core principles and concepts of holistic nutrition.
- Acquire a comprehensive understanding of various macronutrients and micro-nutrients
- Learn to break free of diet culture and mentality, and replace it with healthy eating behaviors.
- Explore whole and raw food principles, including nutrition perspectives and theories, simple cooking techniques, and easy-to-prepare recipes, giving you greater confidence, and efficiency in the kitchen.
- Explore the relationship between the microbiome (gut bacteria) and the rest of the body as well as the whole foods needed to nourish both.
- Examine the maternal and fetal needs during pregnancy, the nutritional needs of growing children, diverging needs by gender during adolescence and adulthood, and the unique nutritional needs of elders and those at the end of life.
The term holistic translates as “the whole.” It is the heart of the mind-body-spirit connection. Holistic Nutrition helps you identify the triggers and outside influences that sabotage healthy eating. The curriculum helps underscore the ways in which the nutritional value of the foods we eat complete the circuit that connects all aspects of our being.
SWIHA’s Holistic Nutrition Program provides a foundation for understanding how essential nutrition is to health outcomes. You’ll learn about the therapeutic properties of unrefined whole-food nutrients, develop healthy shopping habits, learn how to integrate high-quality natural “whole food” ingredients, seasonal recipes, specific cooking techniques, and more into your holistic nutrition practice.
Holistic Nutrition Classes Part of the Certificate of Excellence
Nutrition – Foundation of Transformational Healing and Holistic Nutrition
Nutrition – Understanding Micronutrients, Macronutrients, and Supplements for Optimum Health
Nutrition – Foundation of Mindful Eating
Nutrition – Comparative Dietary Systems
Nutrition – Whole Food, S.O.U.L. Food
Nutrition – Raw Food Cuisine
Nutrition – Microbiome Wellness
As a Holistic Nutrition Specialist you can help clients:
- Develop a pragmatic and intuitive approach to eating
- Increase vitamin and mineral awareness and learn about the foods that enhance them
- Reach and maintain ideal weight
- Increase energy levels and vitality
- Improve mental clarity and calm
- Prevent or heal illness and disease
- Include nutrition as part of a mind-body wellness plan
NOTE: Certificates of Excellence are areas of concentration designed to take as CEU’s or to be taken within a diploma or degree program; they will not prepare you for gainful employment if taken independently. Only vocational programs of 600 hours or more are eligible for Federal Financial Aid.
Get a Guest Pass & Tour SWIHA
We have so much to offer:
-Complimentary 4-hour Guest Passes to any class of 8 hours or more.
-Access our online Class Calendar to view upcoming classes
-Join one of our events, webinar or open house.
To schedule a tour with one of our Admissions coaches email us at email@example.com