To be mindful means to be aware, moment-to-moment, of our thoughts, feelings, bodily sensations, and surrounding environment. By earning a Certificate of Excellence in this program, you will learn the importance of acceptance without judgement, while staying engaged in the present moment and not rehashing the past or fearing the future. As a facilitator, you will have the competency to lead another person through a series of specific meditation and mindfulness practices proven to help reduce “brain chatter” through breath and skilled, guided imagery. Become a ‘Breath Coach and Mindful Guided Imagery (MGITM) Facilitator.
April 22, 2019
May 27, 2019
What is being “mindful”? In this certificate program you will learn what it means to be aware, moment-to-moment of every day, watching your thoughts, feelings, bodily sensations, and surroundings. Learn to pay attention to the NOW using the four pillars of practice, presence, pedagogy, and protocols. From a healing perspective, being mindful has shown to be effective in stress reduction, pain control, behavior modification, and aids in overall life happiness. You will learn:
- Classical and modern scientific foundations for mindfulness practice.
- Training in unlearning what has been unconsciously stored in the mind and body.
- Mindfulness teaching methodologies including: breath, body scanning, and bridging body and mind using mental imagery and imagination.
- Gentle stretching and mindful yoga routines for enhancing wellness and body awareness.
- Guided instruction in proven documented mindfulness meditation practices, including a wide range of breath techniques.
- The art of teaching mindfulness to individual and groups.
- Methods of facilitating guided imagery meditations for individuals or groups.
- The skill of group facilitation using guided dialogue and discussions.
- Individually tailored instruction on establishing a well-grounded personal mindfulness practice and guided imagery for self-healing and rejuvenation.
- Daily home practice assignments and challenges, with the invitation to continue a lifelong practice.
Financial Aid is available to those who qualify. SWIHA is a nationally-accredited college approved by the United States Department of Education. Students enrolled in programs of 600 hours or more may qualify for Federal Student Aid in the form of Pell grants and student loans.
We also offer no interest in-house payment plans https://swiha.edu/prospective-students/financial-aid
We invite you to take a step toward claiming your gifts, realizing your purpose, and healing others in a meaningful way. Enroll today.