Experience Physical & Spiritual Growth On Your Yoga Training Journey
Southwest Institute of Healing Arts gives you the opportunity to study and practice an authentic expression of yoga with a transformational approach that honors a diversity of practices and belief systems. Our Yoga Teacher Training program embraces the principle of yoga as a unifying tool for creating health, well-being and a deep spiritual connection. Experience our profound trifecta of structure, freedom and support as you walk your chosen path while integrating living yoga into your life.
The SWIHA Yoga Teacher Training (YTT) difference:
- With more than 20 years of experience in Yoga Teacher Training education, SWIHA is one of the very few nationally-accredited schools that offers independent diploma programs as well as exclusive yoga training integrated with other healing arts programs. Focus solely on Yoga Teacher Training or add yoga training to another area of holistic study. Career-expanding program options include: Massage Therapy, Hypnotherapy, Yoga Nidra, Yoga Body Psychology, Transformational Yoga Coaching and more.
- Receive in-depth training that blends Eastern, Western, Ancient and Modern philosophy and practice for students at all levels of experience and practice.
- Configure a schedule that works for you with convenient day, evening and fast track classes.
- Maintain your individual yoga practice while you learn: As a Yoga Teacher Training student, you receive unlimited studio class access for the duration of your program.
- SWIHA identifies as a “Trauma Aware” institution. We educate our community about the impact of trauma on the brain and nervous system, while adjusting our practices to best support those healing from trauma. We strive to empower all students (and their future clients), providing a safe and neutral space with a focus on conscious communication. This includes touch predicated upon permission and consent only.
- Our dedicated and experienced educators are active practitioners in the holistic wellness field, and are registered with Yoga Alliance® as E-RYT 500s. This level of experience and expertise assures that they have completed a thorough 500-hour training program and have logged a minimum of 2,000 hours of teaching experience over at least four years.
- As your program culminates, you transition to actively creating and teaching real, public classes.
- Our graduates may choose official recognition as Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) by the internationally-recognized Yoga Alliance® organization.
April 12, 2021
Morning Fast Track
August 16, 2021
Get Started on Your Yoga Journey
SWIHA offers a variety of learning options. Choose from among the following:
Students who have successfully completed Yoga Teacher training with SWIHA, a Registered Yoga School (RYS®), receive a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT®) designation based on their level of training and teaching experience. Choose from among the following three program pathways:
Certificate of Excellence:
This is not designed to serve as stand-alone vocational training or to prepare you for gainful employment (if taken independently of a diploma or degree program), these courses will enrich your yoga experience and training.
Gain specialty tools and experience to expand your offerings as a yoga teacher and as a facilitator of healing to those called to work with you.
Yoga – Transformational Yoga Coaching – 100 Hours
Yoga for Trauma Recovery – 20 hours
Yin Yoga – Teaching a Practice of Surrender – 20 Hours
Yoga – Restorative Yoga – 20 Hours
Yoga – Intro to Sacred Sound & Meditation – Singing Bowls & the Gong – 20 Hours
Financial Aid Available for Those Who Qualify
SWIHA is a nationally-accredited college approved by the United States Department of Education. Students enrolled in programs of 600 hours or more may qualify for Federal Student Aid in the form of Pell grants and student loans. Title IV Financial Aid is available to those who qualify.
Get a Guest Pass & Tour SWIHA!
Be our guest in one of our Yoga Teacher Training classes! Guest passes are complimentary & commitment free.
Call student services at 480-994-9244 for available opportunities to request your pass.
Visit our campus in Tempe on Southern and McClintock to experience our Yoga Studio. You can also schedule a Q&A with one of our Admissions Coaches. Click to view our Special Offers.